Daffodil Software Interview Experience for jr. Associate (On-Campus) 2023
The placement consisted of a total of 3 rounds. The first was Online Assessment, the Second round was a technical interview and the third round was the HR round. The whole process was completed on that day itself, i.e., on 3rd September 2022.
Round 1-Online Coding Assessment Round: The first round was an online coding assessment that was taken on the HackerEarth platform. There were a total of 2 coding questions and a time of 1 hour was given to complete the assessment. Both questions were of medium and easy levels of difficulty. There was no negative marking for wrong submissions. Also, there was partial marking for each test case. For the results, the code quality and commenting were also taken into consideration.
Container with most water: https://leetcode.com/problems/container-with-most-water
Given a set of 5 cards check if it is straight or not.
- The club is denoted by ‘c’, Diamond is denoted by ‘d’, Hearts is denoted by ‘h’, and Spades is denoted by ‘s’.
- For numbers, it starts as A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, T, J, Q, and K.
- A straight is a hand that contains five cards of sequential rank, not all of the same suits, such as 7c 6s 5s 4h 3h.
- Input consists of 5 space-separated strings of length 2, where the 1st character is the card number and the 2nd character is the suit type.
Output “YES” if it is a straight else output “NO”.
E.g. Input - Ac 2s 5s 4h 3h Output - Yes Explanation - the given cards are not from same suit , hence first condition is valid. Now the given numbers on the cards are -> A 2 5 4 3 these numbers can be rearrangd as -> A 2 3 4 5, which is a sequential increasing order. Hence both conditions are verified.
Round 2 – Technical Interview: After the first round, those who solved more than 1 question were called for the technical interview round. This round was scheduled on google meet. This round lasted for around 20 – 25 minutes.
The first question asked was to introduce yourself. For this prepare a simple and crisp answer including your academic details, skills, projects, and internship experiences.
After that interviewer gave a question based on String.
- Given a string s, only consisting of lowercase characters, whenever the word “party” is encountered replace it with the word “pawri”.
Eg Input - partipartypart Eg Output - partipawripart
After solving this question, the interviewer asked about recursion and then gave a question on recursion.
- Calculate the sum of the array using recursion.
After solving both the questions, the next few questions were based out of my resume.
- Describing my projects.
- React Life-cycle methods
- how does express (Node.js) work
- Difference between REST API methods – GET, POST, PATCH
- different queries in MongoDB
Round 3 – HR Interview: Around 30 mins after my technical round, I was informed that I had cleared the technical round, And my next round,i.e, is HR round will start in a few minutes. This round lasted for around 15 minutes. The questions were :
- Tell me about yourself
- How was your experience throughout the hiring process and feedback
- Describing the projects done till now
- Preferred technology stack
- If given Java as technology to work on?
- willing to reallocate?
- Then the interviewer said do you have any questions?
Result: After some time, I was informed that I am selected for the job profile of Jr. Associate-IT and the HR handed me my offer letter. A total of 11 students were finally selected for the job profile.
- Make sure to go through your resume well.
- Revise your basic concepts like Arrays, Strings, Recursion, and Pattern Printing.
- Make sure to write clean and well-commented code.
- Make sure you give your best and in the interview, the interviewer will always try to help you, so never lose hope.
- And always try to remain calm and confident.
Thank you for reading this article, hope this helps you in your interview.