Persistent Systems Interview Experience (On-Campus)
Interview Round 1 : Time: 20-30mins
- Introduction (The interviewer mentioned to me what points I had to include in my introduction. These points were Name, College Name, Branch, 10th percentage, 12th percentage, and favorite subject ).
- Asked me to solve 2 coding questions. These questions were presented to me on the SHL meet platform itself.
- The First coding question was a function-based question, function had two integers ‘n’ and ‘k’ as parameters and the task was to return the frequency of single digit integer k occurring in number n.
- In the second coding question, an array was given as a parameter and the task was to sort the array on the basis of the frequencies of the numbers. The number with the highest frequencies need to be first (their occurrences will be the same as their frequency) and the numbers with the lowest frequencies had to be the last in the array.
For Example : given array is [4, 2, 5, 8, 5, 2, 2, 4, 4, 4] so, the array after the sorting will be [4, 4, 4, 4, 2, 2, 2, 5, 5, 8].
I was given about 10mins to solve both the questions. Meanwhile, the interviewer was proctoring. After the coding questions interviewer continued asking technical questions as follows:
- What is Normalization?
- Different types of inheritance in c++?
- What are access specifiers? (followed by a follow-up question: “What is the difference between public, private and protected”?)
- What is runtime polymorphism and compile time polymorphism?
- Difference between method overloading and method overriding?
That was all for the interview. At last, Interviewer asked me any questions that I had. Overall, it was a smooth interview. About a week later I got a mail saying that I had cleared this round and Round 2 will be held next.
Technical Interview round 2 : Time: 10-20mins. This round was pretty short. These were the following questions that were asked.
- 1. Tell me about yourself?
- 2. Explain your projects and Internship experience. (Here I explained my projects and internship experience thoroughly and also mentioned what are tech stack I am proficient in. Most of the interview time was utilized after these questions)
- 3. What is Composite key?
- 4. What do you know about “Cloud“?
- 5. Explain “Agile“?
- 6. Explain “API“?
That was all for the Technical Round 2.
Also, some of my friends who appeared in the interview were asked questions on operating Systems and were given to write SQL queries during their 1st round of interviews.
Tip: Brush up on the basics of Object Oriented Programming, DBMS, Operating systems, and Data Structures. They generally ask about the basics of subjects.